General Admission Requirements
Applying is easy - send an email or call the school to set up an appointment with the school administrator.
Winonah School of Cosmetology admits students who have reached the states compulsory age of 16. Winonah School of Cosmetology does not recruit students already attending or admitted to other schools offering similar programs. Winonah School of Cosmetology does not accept ability to benefit (ATB) students at this time. Students who wish to enroll in a program at Winonah School of Cosmetology should meet the following requirements:
- Winonah School of Cosmetology admission policies require that each student meet one of the following:
- Have successfully completed high school or its equivalent as evidenced by any of the items on the following non-exhaustive list: copy of diploma, copy of GED certificate, copy of a transcript showing high school completion; or a certificate of attainment (only applicable to non-Title IV recipients), an academic transcript of a student who successfully completed at least a two-year program that is acceptable for full credit toward a bachelor’s degree, etc.; or
- Have state approved home school certificate; or
- Have evidence that verification of a foreign student’s high school diploma has been performed by an outside agency that is qualified to translate documents into English and confirm the academic equivalence to a U.S. high school diploma.
- Proof of Age (Must be above 16 years old): Proof of age may be documented by various means, including, but not limited to, birth certificate, driver’s license, government-issued identification, birth registration, passport, etc. (Social Security card is Required for State licensure and Financial Aid.)
- Complete a pre-enrollment evaluation (At the discretion of the Director of Education)
- Complete an application for enrollment.
- Copy of Social Security Card. (Required for State licensure)
- Instructor program 1500 clock hours: In addition to the above requirements, applicants of this program must also provide a copy of their current Cosmetology License.
- Instructor program 650 clock hours: In addition to the above requirements, applicants of this program must also provide a copy of their current Cosmetology License showing licensure of over one year (at a minimum)
All students are required to have a personal interview with the School Administrator. At the interview, prospective students will be given a tour of the facilities and will receive the school Catalog and Handbook containing information on tuition, Curriculums, school policies, and procedures.
To recieve a paper copy of the catalog please send an email to: email@example.com stating your fullname, phone number and mailing address. PO Box addresses not accepted.
Applicants may enroll at the interview or schedule another appointment. The School Administrator and the applicant complete an Enrollment Agreement and agree upon a start date. All applicants sign and receive a copy of the Enrollment Agreement.